Monday, November 10, 2008

FE #5


Election

The American presidential election has just finished and almost all of the Americans are satisfied with the result because they were waiting for a new president who could change unsuccessful economics, politics and stop the war. I read tons of information about the American election and candidates in the class. In the beginning I had no idea about that and I did not understand what was going on, because the American president election seemed to me pretty complicated and it took long time, about 21 months of campaigning. Moreover, the rules of election are a little bit different from my country’s president election. After the result, when people knew who won, most all people in Carbondale went to out and celebrated. Gathering and celebrating was not only in Carbondale, also a half million people gathered in Chicago to see Obama’s speech. That moment was very exciting, even though it was not my business, because the American people were very proud their nationality, and they were an extremely optimistic. In my personality I really like Obama; that’s why I am happy for him. Also, I’m pretty glad to see the big historical event in America. 

No comments: