Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

Today is Halloween day and I had a CESL party in Faner. Actually, the Halloween day started last week and I have really enjoyed it because I celebrated the Halloween day first time in America. In my country we also celebrate the Halloween day, therefore I am familiar with it. However, I have noticed some differences between American Halloween day and Mongolian Halloween day. In America, that day is very popular and people are very exiting to wear a costume because that day is a big chance of being who you are and who or what you want to be. I think the American girls like dressing up very sexy and guys binge on drinking an alcohol. That’s why some bars are closed in the Halloween day in Carbondale because a binge drinking leads to violent crime, especially when no one can know who they are. Also, according to the tradition of the Halloween day, children knock the door and take a candy corn and chocolate home to home. I think that is very dangerous for their health because a blood sugar will be increased by tons of candy and chocolate. Maybe, it is one of the reasons of more than half population of Americans has a high blood sugar, because it inspires children to eat a lot of sugar. The most interesting thing of Halloween is a pumpkin and almost everyone or every family carves the pumpkin, whatever they want. In my country, we do not carve the pumpkin and we do not dress up like Americans. In Halloween day, we always make a joke with our friends by giving them a scare and we go to the party or disco bar. Also, we have a Mascara party. If I want to go to that party, I must to dress up like the 13-16th century ladies dress and wear very nice mask. The Mascara party is very elegant and luxury, because it always organizes in most expensive palace and famous people participate. Anyway, it does not matter how to celebrate the Halloween day; I am just wondering why people celebrate the dead day.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I wonder why people celebrate this day too. I like to dress up in costumes but I don't like anything else about the day. Actually, you have managed to mention in this paragraph everything I don't like about Halloween....